Security Firmware Developer
As a Security Firmware Developer, you will be responsible for developing and releasing to production the security firmware and supporting tools for the Secure Enclave in Alif’s MCU/MPU products. You will work closely with fellow firmware developers, system architects and senior management in order to define and architect the Secure Enclave (SE) firmware, which consists of both system ROM code and runtime firmware running in the SE’s local ram on ARM based cores. In addition, you will work with others on the development of SW tools that are needed for provisioning the security credentials into the device. As a Security Firmware developer, you must be very familiar with embedded system security and cryptography, be able to identify system threats and issues and develop embedded firmware using common cryptographic operations to minimize these system threats. You will also work with Alif marketing and lead customers / partners in order integrate market feedback on the security and configuration requirements. Our products are built around advanced Arm cores and bus architectures with a focus on IoT architecture, low power operation and system security. We expect the candidate to have prior experience in an embedded SW development team and to be familiar with ARM MCU’s and MPU’s.
- Develop a mastery of the security threats for our products and understand the competitive security offerings of our competition
- Have a deep understanding of our hardware system security functions and security firmware in the system
- Architect and develop portions of the Secure Enclave Firmware and system provisioning tools.
- Utilize the quality SW development process in order to complete the deliverables in a timely manor
- Collaborate with other SE Firmware team members (discussions and review meetings, etc.)
- Degree in Computer Science or related computer software fields.
- 5-10+ years prior experience with embedded security firmware / software development
- Strong knowledge of cryptography functions and embedded security architecture
- Knowledge and experience with embedded MCU programming (C, C++ and Python)
- Experience with embedded SW development tools (Git, Jira, CI tools, etc.)
- Familiar with ARM MCU’s / MPU’s and embedded systems architecture
- Ability to balance technical excellence with commercial / business pressures
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with all levels in an organization
- Demonstrable experience of on-time delivery of quality architectures