RFIC/Analog Design Engineer – TX (PA)
Responsible for high-performance and low power RFIC Transceiver Design for LTE, GNSS, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee and other communication systems.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering with 7+ years of experience in RF/Analog IC design with advanced CMOS technology nodes. SOI technology experience a plus.
- Detailed understanding of RFIC circuit design. Direct tape-out experience in Power Amplifier Design for WiFi and/or LTE, RF Mixer, biasing circuits, and other analog building blocks.
- Knowledge of Transmit (TX) & Power Amplifier Architectures.
- Deep knowledge of RF concepts including S-parameters, Stability, P1dB, HD, IMD, IIP2/3, ACPR, EVM, Spectral Mask, Digital Pre-distortion (DPD).
- Good understanding of analog design concepts such as analysis of noise, linearity, mismatch, stability, offset and other analog impairments.
- Good understanding of CMOS device physics, RF device modeling, device noise parameters, inductor modeling and EM simulation.
- Knowledge of QFN & CSP packaging effects, supply isolations, circuit layout for optimum RF performance, EM effects, PEX (post-layout parasitic extraction).
- Experience in using development tools including Cadence Virtuoso, Spectre RF, EMX & MATLAB.
- Understanding of system specifications and ability to translate system requirement into circuit requirement at IC level.
- Hands-on experience in silicon characterization and debug.
- Team player with good verbal and written communication skills along with excellent presentations skills (MS Office Suite). Strong sense of urgency.
- 12+ years of RF/Analog IC design with prior experience as Transmit (TX) Technical Lead.
- Power Amplifier Design for WiFi and/or LTE.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Irvine CA Pleasanton CA