Physical Design Engineer
Responsible for creating turn-key solutions to support cutting-edge Cellular IoT device. This is a unique opportunity to define a groundbreaking new system with few legacy constraints.
You will own the final chip level GDSII (chip & block floorplan/implementation, power/clock distribution, chip assembly, P&R, STA, & LVS/DRC to closure). This position requires expert knowledge of Cadence Place & Route (Genus/Innovus/Tempus/Calibre) flow (including STA/DFT and UPF integration). In addition you will:
- Logic Synthesis
- Hand-off to and from DFT
- Qualifying Libraries and Timing Constraints
- Design Partitioning and Floor Planning
- I/O Pad Ring Design
- Placement, CTS, Routing
- Power grid, Clock tree, and Low-power reduction Implementation methods
- Signal integrity fixes with OCV/AOCV/Statistical Timing methods
- IR drop analysis
- Physical Verification
- Functional and Timing ECOs
- Conformal Equivalence Check
- Conformal Lower Power (CLP)
- Timing Closure in Advanced Technology Nodes
- Multi-mode & Multi-corner (MMMC)Timing closure methodology implementation and sign off
- Experience with low power implementation, multi-Vt, power gating, multiple voltage rails, UPF/CPF knowledge
- Work closely with analog design team and IP vendors for physical implementation/integration of custom analog blocks/interface/IP’s
- 7+ years(preferred) of Physical Digital Design experience.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise in programming, scripting and automation languages for PD flow implementation
- Strong technical abilities & understanding in these areas:
- Synthesis, LEC, CTS, DFT, RC Extraction, and STA closure across multiple process corners.
- Multipower domain, signal integrity, & power/IR drop analysis
- Linting, DFT and CDC requirements.
- Expertise in both hand-written and tool-driven functional/timing ECO.
- Physical Design Verification methodology to debug LVS/DRC issues at chip/block level
- Experience with the following is desired:
- SOC design including uC design (ARM)
- Knowledge of power management industry/applications
- I/F: I2C, SPI, USB, SDC, ETH, etc
- Multiple tapeouts and working silicon; in leading-edge technology node
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to meet project milestones and deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to work with global design team
- Successful track record of leading a team of physical design engineers from RTL-to-GDSII